The need for sysadmins with advanced administration and networking skills has never been greater, and competition for people with experience is fierce. Whether you're looking for expert test prep for the Linux Foundation Certified Engineer certification, need training to help transition to Linux from other platforms, or you're just brushing up on these vital admin and networking skills, this course will teach you what you need to know.
This course will teach you how to design, deploy and maintain a network running under Linux and to administer the network services most commonly found in enterprise environments. In this four day course you’ll learn the skills, tools and knowledge to fully design, implement and operate a network with any major Linux distribution. You will learn how to configure the system network interfaces in a reliable and optimal way while constantly keeping security aspects in mind. You will also gain hands-on experience with the deployment and configuration of several important network services, such as file, web, email and name servers using reference implementations that are commonly found in large enterprise environments.
Linux Foundation Certification Preparation
This course builds on the skills of a Certified System Administrator (LFCS) and teaches additional concepts and skills you need to be prepared for the Linux Foundation Certified Engineer exam.
At the conclusion of the course, you will also receive an LFCE exam attempt at no additional cost.
Why Choose Linux Foundation Training
There are many reasons to choose Linux Foundation Training:
- The Linux Foundation is the non-profit organization that hosts the Linux project, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released). With 100+ employees (and growing!) across North America, Europe and Asia, we partner with clients for the long run.
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information.
- Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.
As part of your registration, a printed copy of the course manual will be course manual will be provided. If you are attending in person the material will be available onsite on the day the class begins. If you are attending virtually it will be mailed to you the week prior to the class. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you haven't received it 2 business days prior to the start of class.
For more details view the Course Outline.
This course is designed for system administrators and IT professionals who need to gain a hands-on knowledge of Linux network configuration and services as well as related topics such as basic security and performance.
Students attending this course should be comfortable with local system administration topics covered in our Linux System Administration course. This includes file copying and editing, managing local users, installing packages and generally operating a Linux system from both a graphical or command line interface. These concepts are fully covered in our our free LFS101x - Introduction to Linux (available on edX.org) and LF220 - Linux System Administration courses.
Basic experience with common network clients such as telnet and ssh is helpful but not strictly required.
Ways To Train
Event Type: Training Course
Classroom Linux Training [?]
- Delivered in conveniently located training centers
- Please check schedule for exact location and duration
Online Linux Training [?]
- Live instructor-led sessions
- Presented via screensharing and a conference call line
- Typically run 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated
On-Site Corporate Linux Training [?]
- All courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training
- Contact us for more information
Custom Corporate Linux Training [?]
- All courses can be customized for private, on-site training
- Contact us for more information