Learn how to develop for and bring applications to the Linux environment. Get up to speed quickly with the necessary tools for Linux application development and learn about special features offered by Linux.
Developing Applications For Linux is designed to bring experienced programmers up to speed quickly in a Linux environment. You will learn the tools and methods for developing C programs and doing systems programming under Linux, as well as debugging techniques and process management. This five day course includes extensive hands-on exercises and demonstrations designed to give you the necessary tools to develop on and bring applications to Linux systems.Particular attention is paid to items particular to Linux as opposed to general UNIX-based systems.
Why Choose Linux Foundation Training
There are many reasons to choose Linux Foundation Training:
- The Linux Foundation is the non-profit organization that hosts the Linux project, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released). With 100+ employees (and growing!) across North America, Europe and Asia, we partner with clients for the long run.
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information.
- Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.
As part of your registration, a printed copy of the course manual will be course manual will be provided. If you are attending in person the material will be available onsite on the day the class begins. If you are attending virtually it will be mailed to you the week prior to the class. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you haven't received it 2 business days prior to the start of class.
For more details view the Course Outline.
Developers with experience in C programming who are interested in creating applications for Linux.
- Be proficient in the C programming language.
- Be familiar with basic Linux (UNIX) utilities such as ls, grep and tar.
- Be comfortable using any of the available text editors (e.g. emacs, vi, etc.).
- Experience with any major Linux distribution is helpful but not strictly required.
Ways To Train
Event Type: Training Course
Classroom Linux Training [?]
- Delivered in conveniently located training centers
- Please check schedule for exact location and duration
Online Linux Training [?]
- Live instructor-led sessions
- Presented via screensharing and a conference call line
- Typically run 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated
On-Site Corporate Linux Training [?]
- All courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training
- Contact us for more information
Custom Corporate Linux Training [?]
- All courses can be customized for private, on-site training
- Contact us for more information