4 Days - $2750
No open enrollment classes scheduled at this time.
Android development training that provides a hands-on tour of the internals of the popular operating system for mobile and other devices. Attendees learn the ins and outs of the Android anatomy including the Android framework, hardware abstraction layer, the Binder inter-process communication and power management.
Inside Android: An Intro to Android Internals is a four day development class. It provides a hands-on tour of the internals of the Android operating system used in mobile and other devices. Attendees learn the ins and outs of the Android anatomy including the Android framework, hardware abstraction layer, the Binder inter-process communication and power management.
The accompanying labs demonstrate step-by-step how to setup the Android build environment and bring up Android on an embedded target device. The embedded target device kit for the labs will be provided by the Linux Foundation, and students will get to take their own kit home for further practice.
Students are expected to provide their own computers for the class.This is not a course in writing applications for Android, rather it is focused on Android internals and the system as a whole.
As part of your registration, a printed copy of the course manual will be course manual will be provided. If you are attending in person the material will be available onsite on the day the class begins. If you are attending virtually it will be mailed to you the week prior to the class. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you haven't received it 2 business days prior to the start of class.
For more details view the Course Outline.
The course is primarily intended for experienced programmers and engineers who are interested in learning the fundamentals of adapting Android to a new target system, especially those who have been assigned to a team tasked with designing an Android device. The purpose is to shorten the learning curve by providing a guided tour of the relevant points within the architecture of Android.
Be proficient in the C programming language
Have a good understanding of C++.
Have a working knowledge of Java.
- Be familiar with basic Linux (UNIX) utilities such as ls, grep and tar, and be familiar with command shells (bash) and scripts.
- Be comfortable using any of the available text editors (e.g. vi, emacs, etc.).
- Know the basics of compiling and linking programs, constructing Makefiles, etc.; i.e. be comfortable doing development in a Linux or UNIX environment.
- Experience with any major Linux distribution is helpful but not strictly required.
If you have a basic understanding of the top-level principles of cross development, where a host system is used to develop and compile software that runs on a different target system, it would be helpful.
Ways To Train
Event Type: Training Course
Classroom Linux Training [?]
- Delivered in conveniently located training centers
- Please check schedule for exact location and duration
Online Linux Training [?]
- Live instructor-led sessions
- Presented via screensharing and a conference call line
- Typically run 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated
On-Site Corporate Linux Training [?]
- All courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training
- Contact us for more information
Custom Corporate Linux Training [?]
- All courses can be customized for private, on-site training
- Contact us for more information