Technology is everywhere, with practically everything today having some kind of technology component. This provides huge opportunities for those interested in a career in the tech field, but it also makes it difficult to decide what to focus on, and to understand how to get started.
That’s one reason why The Linux Foundation offers training and certification bundles, which provide the courses needed to gain the knowledge necessary to succeed in a chosen open source career, and a certification exam to enable you to confidently demonstrate that knowledge to potential employers. Bundles are the more direct way to get qualified for a new open source career, or add new skills to advance your current one.
To help those interested in pursuing a new career in open source, as well as workers working remotely who want to stay up to speed on the latest advancements in open source tech, The Linux Foundation is extending our 30% off offer for all bundles, courses and certification exams. Originally scheduled to end on April 7, this offer is now valid on all purchases through April 30 by using code ANYWHERE30 at checkout. We also have nearly two dozen completely free training courses that are always available to help you get started and determine the open source technology area in which to focus.
Our bundles include:
- Learn to administer, configure and upgrade Linux systems.
- Learn to build and manage a production Linux infrastructure.
- Topics covered directly align with the knowledge domains tested by the LFCS exam.
- The LFCS exam consists of performance-based items that simulate on-the-job tasks and scenarios faced by sysadmins in the real world.
- Obtaining LFCS certification validates your skills to prospective employers.
- Learn to design, deploy and maintain a network running under Linux.
- Understand how to administer network services.
- Obtain the skills to create and operate a network in any major Linux distribution.
- Learn to securely configure the network interfaces.
- Learn to deploy and configure file, web, email and name servers.
- The LFCE exam will demonstrate you have an advanced skill set to help qualify for a promotion or land a new position.
- Learn Kubernetes architecture
- Obtain the skills to access the cluster
- Understand the key principles, such as pods, deployments, replicasets, and services.
- The CKA certification provides assurance you have the skills, knowledge, and competency to perform the responsibilities of a Kubernetes administrator.
- Learn to containerize and deploy a new Python script.
- Gain the skills to configure the deployment with ConfigMaps, Secrets, and SecurityContexts.
- Understand multi-container pod design.
- Learn to configure probes for pod health.
- Understand how to update and roll back an application.
- Become familiar with implementing services and NetworkPolicies.
- Use PersistentVolumeClaims for state persistence.
- The CKAD exam certifies that users can design, build, configure, and expose cloud native applications for Kubernetes.
- Learn the Cloud Foundry architecture.
- Understand the best practices for deploying, scaling and managing applications.
- Learn how Cloud Foundry enables the creation of microservices, and supports 12 factor application design principles.
- Understand how to use Cloud Foundry’s features to diagnose and fix issues in applications and environment configuration.
- The CFCD exam validates your skillset using the Cloud Foundry platform to deploy and manage applications.
- Understand the Hyperledger Fabric network topology.
- Become familiar with how to handle chaincode operations.
- Learn to administer identities, provide permissions, revoke or remove malicious nodes from the network.
- Gain skills to troubleshoot network components.
- Learn about service discovery and private data.
- The CHFA demonstrates your competence in deploying and operating a Hyperledger Fabric network through the command line.
Once purchased, you will have one year to complete your course(s) and exam, enabling you to study and prepare at your own pace. Get more information on all our bundles to help decide which open source technology you will become an expert in.