The FinOps certification is ideal for individuals who want to validate and showcase their cloud financial management and cost optimization skills regardless of the cloud platform they use.
FinOps Certified Practitioner (FOCP)
A FinOps Certified Practitioner will bring a strong understanding of FinOps, its Principles, Capabilities and how to support and manage the FinOps Lifecycle to manage cost and usage of Cloud in your organization.
This exam is currently offered as a stand alone product, or can be combined with the FinOps Foundation Practitioner Certification workshop (offered in person or virtually).
Domains & Competencies
The FOCP exam includes these general domains and competencies :
- Challenge of Cloud – 8%
- What is FinOps & FinOps Principles – 12%
- FinOps Teams & Motivation – 12%
- FinOps Capabilities – 28%
- FinOps Lifecycle – 30%
- Terminology & the Cloud Bill – 10%
Challenge of Cloud – 8%
- Understand the challenges of working with Cloud
- Recognize the differences between Cloud and Traditional IT
What is FinOps & FinOps Principles – 12%
- Define FinOps
- Understand each of the FinOps Principles
FinOps Teams & Motivation – 12%
- Describe the skills, roles and responsibilities of a FinOps Team
- Describe where a FinOps team would be situated
- Understand what drives a FinOps team’s size, position and makeup
FinOps Capabilities – 28%
- Understand the six pillars of FinOps Capabilities
- Describe the activities associated with each capability
FinOps Lifecycle – 30%
- Describe the FinOps lifecycle, its phases and purpose
- Understand the basic processes that FinOps teams enact in the FinOps Lifecycle
Terminology & the Cloud Bill – 10%
- Understand basic cloud, FinOps, DevOps & Finance terminology
- Describe the characteristics of the Cloud Bills
Combine And Save
This is an online non-proctored exam that can take up to 60 minutes to complete.
It includes 50 multiple choice questions, some with multiple selections as indicated in the question text.
It will test your foundational knowledge of FinOps and its practice.
Policies & Resources
Please review the Linux Foundation Global Agreement and resource details below.
- Linux Foundation Global Certification & Confidentiality Agreement
- Candidate Handbook provided during the the FinOps Foundation Practitioner Certification Workshop
- Exam Tips provided during the FinOps Foundation Practitioner Certification Workshop
- Notes and workbook provided during the FinOps Foundation Practitioner Certification Workshop.
“The test is very thorough, and tests your comprehension through scenario based questions. I used a combination of the O’Reilly’s book, and self study student handbook/video course material, and also have been working in multi cloud cost optimization for the past 7 years, and took about 2 weeks to prep for the exam.” Jan 2021
“I love the training spoke to making money, not saving money!” Jan 2021
“This is a great way for me to end the year, a great holiday present for myself!” Jan 2021
“Really enjoyed the remote self-paced learning.” Jan 2021
“Many thanks to the awesome course instructors, for the fun and engaging way in which they shared their knowledge.” Jan 2021
Need help convincing your boss?
At a Glance
Duration of Exam
- 12 Month Exam Eligibility
- Free Exam Retake
- PDF Certificate and Digital Badge
- Multiple-Choice Exam