Next Available Class
Security is always a concern, and with major security holes like Shellshock and Heartbleed being announced regularly, it’s more critical than ever to secure the data you are liable for. This course will walk you through the many risks and threats that exist, show you how to use best practices and other open-source tools to mitigate or counteract those threats, and teach you what you need to know to detect and recover from those attacks that do happen.
Linux Foundation instructor Dominic Duval talks about our Linux security training course.
This advanced, completely hands-on course adopts a highly technical approach to cover important security techniques and tools. By providing visibility both into attack vectors and possible security holes, this course provides you a complete guide on how to mitigate security risks in any Linux environment.
You’ll get direct experience with:
- Assessing security risks in your enterprise Linux environment.
- The best techniques and tools to increase security.
- Server hardening
- Deploying monitoring and attack detection tools.
- Gaining visibility into possible vulnerabilities.
- Developing your Linux security policy and response strategy.
- Configuring your systems for compliance with HIPAA, DISA STIG, etc.
- And more.
Why Choose Linux Foundation Training
There are many reasons to choose Linux Foundation Training:
- The Linux Foundation is the non-profit organization that hosts the Linux project, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released). With 100+ employees (and growing!) across North America, Europe and Asia, we partner with clients for the long run.
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information.
- Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.
As part of your registration, a printed copy of the course manual will be course manual will be provided. If you are attending in person the material will be available onsite on the day the class begins. If you are attending virtually it will be mailed to you the week prior to the class. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you haven't received it 2 business days prior to the start of class.
For more details view the Course Outline.
Any professional IT manager and administrator should benefit from this course. Software developers who need to improve their knowledge of security concepts and strategies will also find a great deal of information that applies to their responsibilities.
- Have a solid understanding of core local system administration and networking concepts equivalent to that obtained from LFS220 (Linux System Administration) and LFS230 (Linux Network Management).
- Be experienced with Linux (or more generally UNIX), especially at the command line level.
Ways To Train
Event Type: Training Course
Classroom Linux Training [?]
- Delivered in conveniently located training centers
- Please check schedule for exact location and duration
Online Linux Training [?]
- Live instructor-led sessions
- Presented via screensharing and a conference call line
- Typically run 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated
On-Site Corporate Linux Training [?]
- All courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training
- Contact us for more information
Custom Corporate Linux Training [?]
- All courses can be customized for private, on-site training
- Contact us for more information