4 Days - $2500
No open enrollment classes scheduled at this time.
This course helps you master the tools used by system administrators in enterprise Linux environments, including maintaining software and hardware, updating, configuring, troubleshooting and securing systems, using a variety of Linux enterprise distributions.
This hands-on 4-day Linux System Administration course teaches attendees how to administer, configure and upgrade Linux systems running one of the three major Linux distribution families (Red Hat, SUSE, Debian/Ubuntu). Focused on enterprise environments, it provides Linux system administrators with all the tools and concepts needed to efficiently build and manage a production Linux infrastructure. This course presents state-of-the-art techniques used in the industry and applies them in the context of practical labs.
Linux Foundation Certification Preparation
This course will also teach you the concepts and skills you need to be prepared for the Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator exam. At the conclusion of the course, you will also receive an LFCS exam attempt at no additional cost.
- A self-paced 100% online course
- Full 12 months to complete the course
- Contains much of the same material as LFS220, but in self-paced format.
Why Choose Linux Foundation Training
There are many reasons to choose Linux Foundation Training:
- The Linux Foundation is the non-profit organization that hosts the Linux project, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released). With 100+ employees (and growing!) across North America, Europe and Asia, we partner with clients for the long run.
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information.
- Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.
As part of your registration, a printed copy of the course manual will be course manual will be provided. If you are attending in person the material will be available onsite on the day the class begins. If you are attending virtually it will be mailed to you the week prior to the class. Please contact us at email@example.com if you haven't received it 2 business days prior to the start of class.
For more details view the Course Outline.
System administrators and users who already have at least some basic exposure to Linux or another UNIX-based operating system constitute the target audience for this class. Anyone who is looking to acquire practical knowledge in the field of system administration in enterprise environments will save significant time by attending this course. It should also be considered a necessary step to be taken by anyone considering more advanced classes in our System Administration curriculum track. The concepts covered provide important building blocks for anyone looking to attend more advanced classes, in particular LFS230: Linux Network Management.
Attendees should already have prior exposure to a Linux or UNIX system and practical experience with the command line interface at a level that is equivalent to what is covered in our free LFS101x - Introduction to Linux course (available on edX.org). Basic tools such as text editors, file utilities and basic tasks are assumed to be well-understood prior to this course.
Ways To Train
Event Type: Training Course
Classroom Linux Training [?]
- Delivered in conveniently located training centers
- Please check schedule for exact location and duration
Online Linux Training [?]
- Live instructor-led sessions
- Presented via screensharing and a conference call line
- Typically run 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated
On-Site Corporate Linux Training [?]
- All courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training
- Contact us for more information
Custom Corporate Linux Training [?]
- All courses can be customized for private, on-site training
- Contact us for more information