Cloud Foundry for Developers
- CF Motivators: Industry changes which have led to the cloud-native movement and the role of Cloud Foundry in the enterprise.
- Basic Definitions & Core Themes: Established a basic lexicon around simple Cloud Foundry concepts like targets, orgs, spaces, users and roles. Scope is just enough to login and target.
- Technical Overview: The main technical components/areas of Cloud Foundry, from the perspective of a developer interacting with the platform.
- Applications & Routing: How Cloud Foundry stages and runs applications, and how Cloud Foundry routes traffic to those applications. The routing topic will cover both HTTP(s) and TCP routing.
- Logging & Metrics: The logging and metrics system in Cloud Foundry, including: the relevant components, how applications should log and how users interact with the logging system.
- Resiliency: Cloud Foundry’s built in availability and resiliency features.
- Services: How Cloud Foundry works with backing services, including: the marketplace, services, service instances and service bindings.
- Troubleshooting & Debugging: Using Cloud Foundry’s features to diagnose and fix issues in applications and environment configuration.
- Extending the Platform: Extending the capabilities of Cloud Foundry.
- Cloud Native Best Practices: Best practices for designing, deploying and managing applications, including the 12 factors.
- Security: Using Cloud Foundry to secure applications and endpoints.
- CI/CD & Automation: Best practices in automating the lifecycle of applications.