Get a hands-on tour of the internals of the popular Android operating system for mobile and other devices. This course will teach you the ins and outs of the Android anatomy, with a focus on hands-on experience.
The course is primarily intended for experienced programmers and engineers who are interested in learning the fundamentals of adapting Android to a new target system. Students should be proficient in the C programming language, have a good understanding of C++ and have a working knowledge of Java.
As part of your registration, a printed copy of the course manual will be course manual will be provided. If you are attending in person the material will be available onsite on the day the class begins. If you are attending virtually it will be mailed to you the week prior to the class. Please contact us at email@example.com if you haven't received it 2 business days prior to the start of class.
This course does not currently have any sessions scheduled. If you are interested in taking this course, please contact us using the link above.
This course will give you a hands-on tour of the internals of the Android operating system used in mobile and other devices. You’ll get hands-on experience with:
- The Android framework
- The hardware abstraction layer
- Binder inter-process communication
- How to set up the Android build environment
- How to bring up Android on an embedded target device
- Power management on Android
- And more.
The information in this course will work with any major Linux distribution.
Our Training Options
All our instructor-led courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training. Contact us for more information.Get a Corporate Training Quote
These live, instructor-led sessions are delivered over screenshare with phone audio, if needed. Classes typically run from 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated.
Our classroom courses are delivered in conveniently located training centers by an expert instructor. Please check the specific course date for exact location, duration, and start time.
Why Train With The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the go-to source for training on virtually every aspect of Linux and many other open source technologies. Here are a few things that make us the right choice to be your training partner:
- We are the non-profit organization that hosts Linux and many other open source projects, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released).
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information. Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.