- Introduction to the kernel development community
- The role of the kernel
- Where kernel code comes from
- Some statistics on kernel development
- Why contribute to the kernel?
- Reasons for companies to develop kernel code and get it upstream
- The legal aspects to kernel development
- Overall principles of kernel development
- Things developers and their managers need to keep in mind (Illustrated by success and failure stories)
- Kernel contribution mechanics
- How code gets from developers to users
- Subsystem trees and linux-next
- The review process
- Practical suggestions 1: process interaction
- What to do, what to avoid, for a good experience
- Practical suggestions 2: code development
- Some technical suggestions on writing acceptable code
- Information sources
- How to stay on top of kernel development
- Conclusion and questions
Enroll now in an upcoming course
No open enrollment classes scheduled at this time.
5% COURSE DISCOUNT
Register for our monthly training newsletter to stay informed about upcoming courses and new free content and you'll get a 5% discount off your first course.