Microsoft reports that over 40% of VMs in Azure run Linux – and that share is only growing. This course will bring you up to speed on deploying Linux on Azure. It contains a thorough introduction of essential Linux system administration skills, and discusses containers and virtualization. It also goes into depth on administering Linux on Azure and use of the important tools required to maintain deployment.
Azure is being adopted rapidly by the enterprise and Linux is one of the most popular workloads on Azure. That means that Linux professionals, as well as Azure professionals, should make sure they know how to manage Linux workloads in an Azure environment. This course provides an introduction to managing Linux on Azure. Whether you are a Linux professional who wants to learn how to work with Linux on Azure, or an Azure professional that needs to work with Linux in Azure, this course is for you.
The course starts with an introduction on Linux and Azure, after which you’ll learn more about advanced Linux features and how they are managed in an Azure environment. Next, you’ll learn about managing containers, either in Linux or with open source container technology that is integrated in Azure. After that, you’ll learn how to deploy virtual machines in Azure, covering different deployment scenarios. Once the VMs are available in Azure, you’ll need to know how to manage them in an efficient way, which is covered next. In the last part of this course, you’ll learn to troubleshoot Linux in Azure, and to monitor Linux in Azure using different Open Source tools.
You’ll learn how to:
- Use advanced Linux features and manage them in an Azure environment Manage containers
- Deploy virtual machines in Azure, and manage them
- Monitor and troubleshoot Linux in Azure
Why Train With The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the go-to source for training on virtually every aspect of Linux and many other open source technologies. Here are a few things that make us the right choice to be your training partner:
- We are the non-profit organization that hosts Linux and many other open source projects, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released).
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information. Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're USING FOR the class. You are truly learning FROM the experts.
Our Training Options
All our instructor-led courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training. Contact us for more information.Get a Corporate Training Quote
These live, instructor-led sessions are delivered over screenshare with phone audio, if needed. Classes typically run from 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated.
Our classroom courses are delivered in conveniently located training centers by an expert instructor. Please check the specific course date for exact location, duration, and start time.