Blockchain for Business - An Introduction to Hyperledger Technologies Blockchain for Business - An Introduction to Hyperledger Technologies A primer to blockchain and distributed ledger technologies. Learn how to start building blockchain applications with Hyperledger frameworks.
This course is designed for both nontechnical and technical students who are interested in learning about blockchains for the enterprise and a number of pertinent use cases from Hyperledger.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Discover the power of business blockchains and distributed ledger technologies with an overview of Hyperledger and introductions to its key frameworks. All over the global market there are ledgers that organizations and individuals alike must trust. Blockchain technologies record promises, trades, transactions or simply items we never want to disappear, allowing everyone in an ecosystem to keep a copy of the common system of record.
This introductory course is carefully curated for both nontechnical and technical audiences. It examines blockchains for the enterprise and a number of pertinent use cases from Hyperledger, a global cross-industry community of communities hosted by The Linux Foundation and advancing business blockchain technologies. Hyperledger is incubating and promoting enterprise grade, open source business blockchain software, on top of which anyone can set up apps to meet cross-industry needs.
The course covers key features of blockchain technologies and the differentiators between various types of Hyperledger projects. We'll start with ‘what is blockchain’ and open the discussion to identifying suitable blockchain use cases for your business requirements. We will then take a deep dive into the enterprise-ready Hyperledger blockchain frameworks by guiding students through implementation of various blockchains.
Students with a technical background will learn how to perform clean installations of Hyperledger Sawtooth and Hyperledger Fabric, as well as develop simple applications on top of these frameworks.
Students with a business background will gain an understanding of how blockchains work and how they can create value for their business through cost-savings and efficiencies, in terms of speed and simplicity. They will view how information is generated, stored, and shared in various blockchains, as well as gain tools to evaluate whether or not a blockchain solution would be suitable for their particular business case.
Industries today are using blockchain technologies to increase efficiency and solve business problems associated with data privacy, security, information sharing, and inclusion. Be on the cutting edge; learn about these innovative technologies and bring unique value to your business.
What you'll learn
- Describe Business Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies
- Gain familiarity with current Hyperledger projects and cross-industry use cases
- Perform clean installations of the Hyperledger Sawtooth and Hyperledger Fabric frameworks
- Explore a sample use case/application in the context of the Hyperledger Sawtooth and Hyperledger Fabric frameworks
- Build simple applications on top of Hyperledger Sawtooth and Hyperledger Fabric
- Become involved in and contribute to the open source Hyperledger projects
Why Train With The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the go-to source for training on virtually every aspect of Linux and many other open source technologies. Here are a few things that make us the right choice to be your training partner:
- We are the non-profit organization that hosts Linux and many other open source projects, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released).
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information. Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.
Our Training Options
All our instructor-led courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training. Contact us for more information.Get a Corporate Training Quote
These live, instructor-led sessions are delivered over screenshare with phone audio, if needed. Classes typically run from 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated.
Our classroom courses are delivered in conveniently located training centers by an expert instructor. Please check the specific course date for exact location, duration, and start time.