This course is designed to Microsoft Professionals up to speed on deploying Linux on Azure. It contains a thorough introduction to Essential Linux System Administration, as well as discussing containers and virtualization. It goes into depth on administering Linux on Azure and use of the important tools required to maintain deployment.
GET A FREE CHROMEBOOK
This course is eligible for our free Chromebook promotion
A free Dell Chromebook 11 is included with the purchase of any instructor-led Linux Foundation Training course running between now and December 31, 2017.Learn More
This course is designed for Microsoft professionals who want to learn enough about Linux to manage and deploy it in Azure cloud. It also targets Linux professionals who want get familiar with Azure and how to deploy and manage Linux in Azure environments.
No previous experience with Azure is required - this course is accessible to Linux professionals as well as Microsoft professionals and therefore does not have specific requirements regarding Microsoft knowledge.
In this course you'll learn how to deploy and manage Linux in Azure environments. Some topics covered include:
- Essential Linux System Administration
- Using containers including Docker and Moby, Azure Agent on Linux and Azure services
- A survey of Puppet, Ansible, CHef, Saltstack, Nagios, Zabbix
- Troubleshooting and monitoring
Why Train With The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the go-to source for training on virtually every aspect of Linux and many other open source technologies. Here are a few things that make us the right choice to be your training partner:
- We are the non-profit organization that hosts Linux and many other open source projects, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released).
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information. Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.
Our Training Options
All our instructor-led courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training. Contact us for more information.Get a Corporate Training Quote
These live, instructor-led sessions are delivered over screenshare with phone audio, if needed. Classes typically run from 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated.
Our classroom courses are delivered in conveniently located training centers by an expert instructor. Please check the specific course date for exact location, duration, and start time.
Other courses you may be interested in
Essentials of System Administration