This hands-on workshop will teach you how to deploy and manage applications on Cloud Foundry. Grow from novice to knowledge-hound in your spare time!
Anyone interested in learning more about one of the most in-demand cloud technologies on the market today.
- Some experience deploying web-based applications
- Comfortable using the command line and SSH
- Little to no Cloud Foundry experience
Cloud Foundry, but haven't had time to learn the lingo? Then this course is just what you need! Cloud Foundry makes it simple for developers to deliver business value more quickly, without wasting time getting their app to the cloud -- it's already there.
This course is an introduction to Cloud Foundry, including distributions available to end users, an overview of the platform's components, and what it means to be Cloud Foundry certified. The course also includes technical instructions on how to use the command line interface, how applications are deployed, what services are within the context of the system and basic debugging practices.
Finally, the workshop will take you on a tour through what it means to build cloud-native applications architecturally and ideologically. In doing so, we'll review the 12-factor method of composing modern distributed web systems.
Why Train With The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the go-to source for training on virtually every aspect of Linux and many other open source technologies. Here are a few things that make us the right choice to be your training partner:
- We are the non-profit organization that hosts Linux and many other open source projects, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released).
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information. Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.
Our Training Options
All our instructor-led courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training. Contact us for more information.Get a Corporate Training Quote
These live, instructor-led sessions are delivered over screenshare with phone audio, if needed. Classes typically run from 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated.
Our classroom courses are delivered in conveniently located training centers by an expert instructor. Please check the specific course date for exact location, duration, and start time.