Learn how the ONAP platform uses SDN and NFV to orchestrate and automate physical and virtual network services to help network operators accelerate time to market while reducing OpEx. Start your own ONAP journey here!
This course is for anyone interested in learning more about ONAP
Open source networking projects are transforming how service providers and enterprises develop, deploy, and scale their networks and next-generation services. The Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP) project orchestrates and manages physical and virtual network services to bring agility, higher customer satisfaction and lower costs. This course provides:
- The basics of Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- An introduction to The Linux Foundation ONAP project
- The challenges ONAP solves
- Overview of the ONAP project’s architecture, subprojects and demos
Is your organization embarking on a network transformation journey? Do you understand why open source software will play a critical role in this journey? Are you unclear how to manage and orchestrate network services for your SDN/NFV use case? If yes, this course is for you.
This course is designed to provide a high-level understanding and business perspective of the ONAP project and a guide for navigating, participating, and benefiting from the ONAP community. The course is also meant for vendors who wish to determine how to position or sell their products into the ONAP ecosystem.
Why Train With The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the go-to source for training on virtually every aspect of Linux and many other open source technologies. Here are a few things that make us the right choice to be your training partner:
- We are the non-profit organization that, hosts Linux and many other open source projects, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released).
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information. Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.
Our Training Options
All our instructor-led courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training. Contact us for more information.Get a Corporate Training Quote
These live, instructor-led sessions are delivered over screenshare with phone audio, if needed. Classes typically run from 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated.
Our classroom courses are delivered in conveniently located training centers by an expert instructor. Please check the specific course date for exact location, duration, and start time.