Get an in-depth primer on OpenStack, the leading cloud computing platform, directly from The Linux Foundation, the leader in professional open source management and the platform provider for the Certified OpenStack Administrator exam.
This course is perfect for IT professionals seeking a high-level overview of OpenStack, and who want to find out if OpenStack is the right solution to meet the IT needs of their organization. This course also helps anyone who wants to set up a small scale OpenStack test environment to gain experience working with OpenStack.
A basic understanding of the Linux command line is helpful but not required.
OpenStack is growing at an unprecedented rate, with over 65% of OpenStack deployments now in production - a number which continues to rise.
The demand for individuals who have experience managing this cloud platform is also accelerating. According to the Open Source Jobs Report from The Linux Foundation and Dice, 51% of hiring managers say experience with OpenStack and other cloud technologies are driving open source hiring decisions. Now is the time to build an exciting and rewarding career managing OpenStack clouds.
Take this course to learn:
- The origins of OpenStack: Where does it come from and how can you contribute as a developer to the project?
- How to deploy OpenStack: Setup your own lab environment and deploy OpenStack on Ubuntu and CentOS with DevStack and Packstack, respectively.
- How to deploy a virtual machine from Horizon: Get the steps and components that lead to a working and accessible virtual machine.
- An introduction to managing OpenStack from the command line.
- Scaling out your OpenStack cloud by adding SDN, object storage, compute nodes, high availability, and more.
Why Train With The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the go-to source for training on virtually every aspect of Linux and many other open source technologies. Here are a few things that make us the right choice to be your training partner:
- We are the non-profit organization that hosts Linux and many other open source projects, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released).
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information. Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.
Our Training Options
All our instructor-led courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training. Contact us for more information.Get a Corporate Training Quote
These live, instructor-led sessions are delivered over screenshare with phone audio, if needed. Classes typically run from 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated.
Our classroom courses are delivered in conveniently located training centers by an expert instructor. Please check the specific course date for exact location, duration, and start time.