Keeping your Linux systems running optimally is a mission-critical function for most Linux IT professionals. This course will teach you the appropriate tools, subsystems, and techniques you need to get the best possible performance out of Linux.
GET A FREE CHROMEBOOK
This course is eligible for our free Chromebook promotion
A free Dell Chromebook 11 is included with the purchase of any instructor-led Linux Foundation Training course running between now and March 31, 2017.Learn More
This course is primarily intended for system administrators and technology architects who need to select and tune their environment to maximize speed and efficiency. Students should be experienced Linux users. Familiarity with local system administration concepts covered in LFS320 Linux System Administration is required.
As part of your registration, a printed copy of the course manual will be course manual will be provided. If you are attending in person the material will be available onsite on the day the class begins. If you are attending virtually it will be mailed to you the week prior to the class. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you haven't received it 2 business days prior to the start of class.
This course is designed to give you all the tools and techniques you need to keep your Linux systems running at optimal levels. These techniques and tools have been developed and tested in the most demanding high-performance computing environments.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- Industry configuration best practices
- The best tried-and-true optimization performance tuning tools and techniques
- How to manually optimize the kernel’s behavior
- Tracing, profiling and instrumentation techniques across a wide range of conditions
- And more.
This course is designed to work with a wide range of Linux distributions, so you will be able to apply these concepts regardless of your distro.
Why Train With The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the go-to source for training on virtually every aspect of Linux and many other open source technologies. Here are a few things that make us the right choice to be your training partner:
- We are the non-profit organization that hosts Linux and many other open source projects, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released).
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information. Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.
Our Training Options
All our instructor-led courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training. Contact us for more information.Get a Corporate Training Quote
These live, instructor-led sessions are delivered over screenshare with phone audio, if needed. Classes typically run from 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated.
Our classroom courses are delivered in conveniently located training centers by an expert instructor. Please check the specific course date for exact location, duration, and start time.
Other courses you may be interested in
Essentials of System Administration
Linux Enterprise Automation