Security is always a concern, and with major security holes like Shellshock and Heartbleed being announced regularly, it’s more critical than ever to secure the data you are liable for. This course will walk you through the many risks and threats that exist, show you how to use best practices and other open-source tools to mitigate or counteract those threats, and teach you what you need to know to detect and recover from those attacks that do happen.
GET A FREE CHROMEBOOK
This course is eligible for our free Chromebook promotion
A free Dell Chromebook 11 is included with the purchase of any instructor-led Linux Foundation Training course running between now and June 30, 2016.Learn More
Any professional IT manager and administrator should benefit from this course. Software developers who need to improve their knowledge of security concepts and strategies will also find a great deal of information that applies to their responsibilities.
As part of your registration, a printed copy of the course manual will be course manual will be provided. If you are attending in person the material will be available onsite on the day the class begins. If you are attending virtually it will be mailed to you the week prior to the class. Please contact us at email@example.com if you haven't received it 2 business days prior to the start of class.
This advanced, completely hands-on course adopts a highly technical approach to cover important security techniques and tools. By providing visibility both into attack vectors and possible security holes, this course provides you a complete guide on how to mitigate security risks in any Linux environment. You’ll learn:
- How to assess security risks in your enterprise Linux environment.
- The best techniques and tools to increase security.
- Server hardening
- How to deploy and use monitoring and attack detection tools.
- How to gain visibility into possible vulnerabilities.
- The art and science of developing your Linux security policy and response strategy.
- How to configure your systems for compliance with HIPAA, DISA STIG, etc.
This course is designed to work with a wide range of Linux distributions, so you will be able to apply these concepts regardless of your distro.
Our Training Options
All our instructor-led courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training. Contact us for more information.Get a Corporate Training Quote
These live, instructor-led sessions are delivered over screenshare with phone audio, if needed. Classes typically run from 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated.
Our classroom courses are delivered in conveniently located training centers by an expert instructor. Please check the specific course date for exact location, duration, and start time.
Why Train With The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the go-to source for training on virtually every aspect of Linux and many other open source technologies. Here are a few things that make us the right choice to be your training partner:
- We are the non-profit organization that, hosts Linux and many other open source projects, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released).
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information. Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.