Linux system administration is one of the most in-demand skills in IT. Whether you're looking for expert test prep for the Linux Foundation Certified System Administration certification, need training to help start a new Linux IT career, transition to Linux from another platform, or you're just brushing up on your sysadmin skills, this course will teach you what you need to know.
INCLUDES A FREE CHROMEBOOK AND E-LEARNING COURSE
A free Dell Chromebook 11 is included with the purchase of any instructor-led Linux Foundation Training course running between now and December 31, 2016. Learn More
Purchase of this course also includes 1 year of access to Essentials of Linux System Administration, a 50-hour online self-paced course.
This course is designed to provide students with the necessary skills and abilities to work as a professional Linux system administrator. Students should have basic knowledge of Linux and its most common utilities and text editors.
Registration includes a printed course manual, a Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator exam registration with free retake, and access to LFS201 Essentials of System Administration for 1 year.
This course gives you all the skills and information you need to pass the LFCS exam and work as a professional Linux system administrator.
In this course you’ll learn:
- How to administer, configure and upgrade Linux systems running one of the three major Linux distribution families: Red Hat, SUSE, Debian/Ubuntu.
- How to master the tools and concepts you’ll need to efficiently build and manage an enterprise Linux infrastructure.
- How to use state-of-the-art system administration techniques in real-life scenarios via practical labs.
- And more.
Our Training Options
All our instructor-led courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training. Contact us for more information.Get a Corporate Training Quote
These live, instructor-led sessions are delivered over screenshare with phone audio, if needed. Classes typically run from 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated.
Our classroom courses are delivered in conveniently located training centers by an expert instructor. Please check the specific course date for exact location, duration, and start time.
Why Train With The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the go-to source for training on virtually every aspect of Linux and many other open source technologies. Here are a few things that make us the right choice to be your training partner:
- We are the non-profit organization that hosts Linux and many other open source projects, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released).
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information. Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.
Other courses you may be interested in