This course will give you the step-by-step framework for developing an embedded Linux product. You’ll learn the methods used to adapt the Linux kernel and user-space libraries and utilities to particular embedded environments, such as those in use in consumer electronics, military, medical, industrial, and auto industries.
GET A FREE CHROMEBOOK
This course is eligible for our free Chromebook promotion
A free Dell Chromebook 11 is included with the purchase of any instructor-led Linux Foundation Training course running between now and December 31, 2018.Learn More
The course is primarily intended for experienced developers programmers and engineers who are interested in learning how to adapt Linux to an embedded system. You should be familiar with basic Linux utilities, know the C programming language, and be comfortable developing for Linux or UNIX. Pre-class preparation material will be provided before class, an outline of which is provided here.
As part of your registration, a printed copy of the course manual will be provided. You will also receive an embedded board for the hands-on labs during the course. After class, you can take your embedded Linux development kit home for further practice.
This course will teach you the tools and techniques necessary for developing embedded Linux devices. In this course you’ll learn:
- The Linux kernel architecture, emphasizing the essential points relevant to adapting the kernel to a custom embedded platform.
- The techniques for right-sizing the system to meet project constraints
- The multitude of resources available for constructing a cross development environment for embedded projects.
- The options available for populating libraries and application user-spaces to meet the goals and constraints of embedded systems.
- And more.
The information in this course will work with any major Linux distribution.
Why Train With The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the go-to source for training on virtually every aspect of Linux and many other open source technologies. Here are a few things that make us the right choice to be your training partner:
- We are the non-profit organization that hosts Linux and many other open source projects, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released).
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information. Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.
Our Training Options
All our instructor-led courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training. Contact us for more information.Get a Corporate Training Quote
These live, instructor-led sessions are delivered over screenshare with phone audio, if needed. Classes typically run from 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated.
Our classroom courses are delivered in conveniently located training centers by an expert instructor. Please check the specific course date for exact location, duration, and start time.