This course will teach you how to do container and image operations with different container runtimes, manage network and storage (volumes) with containers, build and run multi-container applications with Docker, Docker APIs, etc.
This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn about container technologies.
- Access to a workstation that has Linux, Mac, or Windows installed
- Familiarity with the command line
- Basic understanding of the Cloud
- Access to a Linux server or Linux desktop/laptop (if you are not accessing DigitalOcean Cloud)
Nowadays, we have different applications to go about our daily life: booking a cab, ordering food, scheduling an appointment, and so on. The companies creating and providing these apps continuously listen to their customers and come up with new features to address their concerns. In such an app-driven world, containers and microservices seem to be the perfect home for an application. With containers, we bundle an application with all its dependencies and deploy it on the platform of our choice, be it Bare-Metal, VM, Cloud, etc.
Containers bring benefits to all the phases of an application lifecycle. Therefore, it becomes extremely important for all of us to learn about containers, irrespective of our domain, be it Developers, Quality Assurance, or Operations. Containers have become a central theme of DevOps.
This course will help you build a solid foundation on container technologies. After completing this course, you should be able to do container and image operations with different container runtimes, manage network and storage (volumes) with containers, build and run multi-container applications with Docker, Docker APIs, etc.
Once you have learned the basics with the course, you will be able to take on more advanced topics, like Docker Swarm and Kubernetes, with ease.
Why Train With The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the go-to source for training on virtually every aspect of Linux and many other open source technologies. Here are a few things that make us the right choice to be your training partner:
- We are the non-profit organization that, hosts Linux and many other open source projects, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released).
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information. Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.
Our Training Options
All our instructor-led courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training. Contact us for more information.Get a Corporate Training Quote
These live, instructor-led sessions are delivered over screenshare with phone audio, if needed. Classes typically run from 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated.
Our classroom courses are delivered in conveniently located training centers by an expert instructor. Please check the specific course date for exact location, duration, and start time.