This course will show you how Developers and Quality Assurance Engineers can automate and streamline their processes with Docker.
The course is addressed to Developers and Quality Assurance engineers of any stream interested in learning the end-to-end workflow of an application with Docker.
To make the most of this course, you will need the following:
- Access to a workstation with Linux, Mac, or Windows installed
- Familiarity with the command line
- Working knowledge of Docker, Git, and GitHub
- Basic understanding of Cloud
- Access to a Linux server or Linux desktop/laptop, if not accessing the DigitalOcean Cloud
- Basic knowledge of Python.
Containers are becoming the de-facto standard to deploy applications, as they are very easy to use, as well as cost-effective. Containers can help everyone involved in the application lifecycle, be it Developers, Quality Assurance Engineers, or Operations Engineers. In this course we will see how Developers and Quality Assurance Engineers can automate and streamline their processes with Docker.
We will quickly review some Docker basics and then, with the help of a sample application, we will walk through the lifecycle of that application with Docker. Throughout the course we will see how a Developer working on his workstation can confidently deploy the application in production. The Developer would work on his/her IDE, from which he/she would commit the code to GitHub. Once the code is committed, test cases would get triggered and, if they pass, the application would get deployed in the staging environment. We will also see how the process can be extended to deploy the application in production.
Why Train With The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the go-to source for training on virtually every aspect of Linux and many other open source technologies. Here are a few things that make us the right choice to be your training partner:
- We are the non-profit organization that, hosts Linux and many other open source projects, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released).
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information. Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.
Our Training Options
All our instructor-led courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training. Contact us for more information.Get a Corporate Training Quote
These live, instructor-led sessions are delivered over screenshare with phone audio, if needed. Classes typically run from 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated.
Our classroom courses are delivered in conveniently located training centers by an expert instructor. Please check the specific course date for exact location, duration, and start time.