Cloud Foundry for Developers (LFS232)
Now available from Cloud Foundry and The Linux Foundation!
Course + Certification Bundle (Best Value)
CFCD Certification Only
LFS232 Course Only
Businesses around the world need more skilled developers. Update your cloud-native skills with Cloud Foundry training and certification to deliver world-class apps. This course teaches you how to use Cloud Foundry to build, deploy and manage a cloud-native microservices solution. Topics covered directly align with the knowledge domains tested by the Cloud Foundry Certified Developer exam and will substantially increase students' ability to become certified.
Delivery: Online Self-Paced
Who It's For: Developers that are new to Cloud Foundry or who want to broaden their Cloud Foundry skillset and improve their chances of becoming a Cloud Foundry Certified Developer.
Prerequisites: Should be an active developer, comfortable using command line tools and familiar with basic cloud computing concepts. Familiarity with Java/Spring, Node.js and/or Ruby is a plus.
Materials: 1 year online access to all course content and labs.
This course is:
- 100% online and self-paced
- An introduction to foundational concepts, principles and best practices in Cloud Foundry and cloud-native architecture
- Practical, hands-on experiences critical to developer success
- Excellent preparation for the Cloud Foundry Certified Developer exam offered by Cloud Foundry and The Linux Foundation
About This Course
This course is designed to equip developers with a valuable, marketable skill set across all Cloud Foundry certified platform distributions. You will learn how to use Cloud Foundry to build, deploy and manage a cloud native microservice solution. The course has extensive labs so developers can learn by doing. Some focus areas include:
- Cloud Foundry architecture: what are the major components and how do they fit together so support developers?
- Applications and Services: what are best practices for deploying, scaling and managing applications? How are services made available and used by Cloud Foundry applications?
- Cloud Native design: how does Cloud Foundry enable creation of microservices, and support 12 factor application design principles?
- Troubleshooting & Debugging: Using Cloud Foundry’s features to diagnose and fix issues in applications and environment configuration.
You will have access to the course for a full year from the date of purchase, regardless of how quickly you complete the course. You can expect the course to take 40-50 hours to complete (although the course is self-paced, so you can move as quickly or as slowly as you like).
What Do Hiring Companies Say About This Course?
"We can't hire developers fast enough -- we currently have a goal of hiring 1,000+ developers. Knowing a developer is Cloud Foundry Certified could streamline our hiring process and help ensure we're bringing on qualified candidates.”
- Brian Gregory, Express Scripts
“As Ford continues to use Cloud Foundry to support the demands of our business, finding software engineers with the right skills is a priority. Ford recognizes certifications across a number of roles today and a Cloud Foundry Certification will be important in helping to identify and develop our software engineering team members.”
- Aaron Rajda, Ford Motor Company