Business Considerations for Edge Computing (LFS113)
Edge Computing utilizes real-time processing and data analysis at the edge of the network – nearest the device or user – in order to enable digital transformation and power new technologies.
From cars that drive themselves to robots that restock the warehouse and sensors that know when it’s time to water or fertilize crops, our world is changing right before our eyes. This is digital transformation and it includes the convergence of 5G, IoT, AI, machine learning and the Edge. Edge Computing is part of the decentralized model of computing that focuses on real-time processing and analysis of data near the edge of the network, or nearest the device or user. It is considered the most significant enterprise trend since Cloud Computing.
In this course you will learn about what Edge Computing is, what problems it’s solving and how it is supporting the rise of 5G, AI and IoT. We’ll review the data privacy and security considerations and share examples of where we see business innovation with Edge. We’ll also review the influencers and open source projects that are defining the future of Edge and the hybrid computing world.
What you’ll learn:
- What Edge Computing is and what is driving its adoption
- How Edge Computing enables the digital business transformation and 5G
- What are the data and privacy considerations for deploying Edge Computing networks
- Understand what Edge Computing makes possible in business
- Know the influencers and open source projects that are defining the future of Edge and the distributed computing world
- Ch1. Edge Computing Overview
- Ch 2. How 5G is Driving Edge Adoption
- Ch 3. Edge Privacy and Security
- Ch 4. Edge in the Wild: Use Cases
- Ch 5. Influencers and Open Source Projects
- Final Exam (Verified Track only)
Length: 1 week
Effort: 2 hours
Price: Free (certificate optional)