Introduction to DevOps: Transforming and Improving Operations aims to help you develop a good working knowledge of the concept of DevOps, covering the foundation, principles, and practices of DevOps. This course will focus on the successful patterns used by high performance organizations over the past 10 years.
The goal of this course is to cover an extensive study of all of the DevOps principles and practices known to date, such that you can create transformative DevOps initiatives with incredible outcomes. This course also sets up the foundation for implementing the tools and technology that will be needed for further success and execution of a DevOps transformation.
If you are a manager or a practitioner looking for guidelines on how to start transforming organizations, this course is for you. Upon completion, you should have a good understanding of the foundation, principles, and practices of DevOps. You should be able to continue your progress for an organizational transformation using the acquired skills set.
What you’ll learn:
- Explain the need to do DevOps
- Understand the DevOps foundations, principles, and practices
- Understand, analyze, and map value streams
- Explain and implement the deployment pipeline
- Illustrate the concept of Continuous Delivery
- Create a problem solving culture
- Explain the concepts of blameless postmortems
- Monitor meaningful infrastructure and business metrics
- Converge change management and DevOps
- Understand how resilience engineering and safety culture are critical to DevOps success
- Create a learning organization
- Welcome & Introduction
- Chapter 1: Why Do DevOps?
- Chapter 2: Understanding the Value Stream
- Chapter 3: Getting Started with DevOps
- Chapter 4: The First Way – Accelerate Flow
- Chapter 5: The Second Way – Amplify Feedback Loops
- Chapter 6: The Third Way – Accelerate Learning
- Final Exam
Length: 10 weeks
Effort: 4-5 hours per week
Price: Free (certificate optional)