Introduction to ONAP: Complete Network Automation (LFS163x)
Learn how the ONAP platform uses SDN and NFV to orchestrate and automate physical and virtual network services to help network operators accelerate time to market while reducing OpEx. Start your own ONAP journey here!
Open source networking projects are transforming how service providers and enterprises develop, deploy, and scale their networks and next-generation services. The Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP) project orchestrates and manages physical and virtual network services to bring agility, higher customer satisfaction and lower costs.
Is your organization embarking on a network transformation journey? Do you understand why open source software will play a critical role in this journey? Are you unclear how to manage and orchestrate network services for your SDN/NFV use case? If yes, this course is for you.
This course is designed to provide a high-level understanding and business perspective of the ONAP project and a guide for navigating, participating, and benefiting from the ONAP community. The course is also meant for vendors who wish to determine how to position or sell their products into the ONAP ecosystem.
What you’ll learn:
- The basics of Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- An introduction to The Linux Foundation ONAP project
- New architectural concepts introduced by ONAP
- The challenges ONAP solves
- Overview of the ONAP project’s architecture, subprojects and demos
- How to get involved
- Chapter 1. NFV Basics and ONAP Introduction
- Chapter 2. ONAP Scope and Key Concepts
- Chapter 3. ONAP Architecture
- Chapter 4. Official ONAP Projects
- Chapter 5. ONAP Demos and Getting Involved
- Final Exam
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 1-2 hours per week
Price: Free (certificate optional)