Businesses around the world need more skilled developers. Update your cloud-native skills with Cloud Foundry training and certification to deliver world-class apps. This course teaches you how to use Cloud Foundry to build, deploy and manage a cloud-native microservices solution. Topics covered directly align with the knowledge domains tested by the Cloud Foundry Certified Developer exam and will substantially increase students’ ability to become certified.
This course is designed to equip developers with a valuable, marketable skill set across all Cloud Foundry certified platform distributions. You will learn how to use Cloud Foundry to build, deploy and manage a cloud native microservice solution. The course has extensive labs so developers can learn by doing.
Some focus areas include:
- Cloud Foundry architecture: what are the major components and how do they fit together to support developers?
- Applications and Services: what are best practices for deploying, scaling and managing applications? How are services made available and used by Cloud Foundry applications?
- Cloud Native design: how does Cloud Foundry enable creation of microservices, and support 12 factor application design principles?
- Troubleshooting & Debugging: Using Cloud Foundry’s features to diagnose and fix issues in applications and environment configuration.
You will have access to the course for a full year from the date of purchase, regardless of how quickly you complete the course. You can expect the course to take 40-50 hours to complete (although the course is self-paced, so you can move as quickly or as slowly as you like).
Combine And Save
Add on certification to your training purchase and save $100
Chapter 1. Course Introduction
Chapter 2. CF Motivators
Chapter 3. Basic Definitions
Chapter 4. Technical Overview
Chapter 5. Core Themes
Chapter 6. Logging and Metrics
Chapter 7. Resiliency
Chapter 8. Services
Chapter 9. Twelve-Factor Applications
Chapter 10. Log Drain Review
Chapter 11. Manipulating Routes
Chapter 12. App Execution and Security Groups
Chapter 13. Staging and Running
Chapter 14. Microservices
Chapter 15. Route Services
Chapter 16. Docker
Chapter 17. TCP Routing
Chapter 18. UAA and OAuth2
Chapter 19. Cascading Failure
Chapter 20. Distributed Tracing
Chapter 21. Application Lifecycle
Chapter 22. Non-Breaking Changes
Should be an active developer, comfortable using command line tools and familiar with basic cloud computing concepts. Familiarity with Java/Spring, Node.js and/or Ruby is a plus. Our free Introduction to LFS132 Cloud Foundry and Cloud Native Software Architecture course is useful preparation for this course.
“I liked the lab and exercises which helped me in internalizing the concepts covered in the chapter.” May 2019
“It encouraged you to do things yourself, instead of copy and pasting from lab guides.” Feb 2019
“This course is well structured, and it addresses most of the issues I wanted to see raised. The labs are of very good quality.” Jan 2019
At a Glance
- 50 hours of Course Material
- Hands-on Labs & Assignments
- Video Content
- 12 Months of Access to Online Course
- Discussion Forums