This course teaches you how to use Cloud Foundry to build, deploy and manage a cloud-native microservices solution. Topics covered directly align with the knowledge domains tested by the Cloud Foundry Certified Developer exam and will substantially increase students’ ability to become certified.
Developing on Cloud Foundry (LFD432)
The course aims to provide an immersive, hands on, and high quality experience to attendees and instructors. The class site was built with Hugo which gives the site its speed and unique design. The presentations were built using reveal.js which enables you to create beautiful interactive slide decks using HTML. There is no printed or .pdf course book.
In addition to the success of Cloud Foundry on its own, the ecosystem and enterprise customers are now taking advantage of the ability to more easily deploy cloud applications and run them with far less resources by running Cloud Foundry on top of Kubernetes.
- Cloud Foundry architecture: what are the major components and how do they fit together to support developers?
- Applications and Services: what are best practices for deploying, scaling and managing applications? How are services made available and used by Cloud Foundry applications?’
- Cloud Native design: how does Cloud Foundry enable creation of microservices, and support 12 factor application design principles?
- Troubleshooting & Debugging: Using Cloud Foundry’s features to diagnose and fix issues in applications and environment configuration.
The course is primarily intended for experienced programmers and engineers who are interested in learning the fundamentals of adapting Android to a new target system. Students should be proficient in the C programming language, have a good understanding of C++ and have a working knowledge of Java.
At a Glance
- 4 days of Instructor-led class time
- Hands-on Labs & Assignments
- Resources & Course Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Free Chromebook