The labs will use multiple languages examples to show the workings of the CI/CD pipelines. There is an early example of using a simple Ruby application with GitHub and Jenkins. We then move on to more advanced labs using Java, Jenkins, and Artifactory. We also cover integration in the pipeline with products like Puppet, Chef, and Ansible, as well as some immutable delivery models using Docker. The course ends by covering some of the current SaaS-based CI/CD solutions, and the final lab will focus on integration of Travis CI and Heroku.
- Setting up a Github account and basic git command usage.
- Basic setup and usage of Jenkins for managing Continuous Integration.
- Example application pipelines utilizing the CI/CD process based in Ruby and Java.
- Setting up Artifactory for packages and a package repository as part of the CI/CD process pipeline.
- Using Chef, Puppet and Ansible to provision the deployment of artifacts in the pipeline.
- An overview of Docker and an example of an immutable delivery model using Docker as part of the CI/CD process pipeline.
- Utilizing SaaS based CI/CD tools with a sample Heroku based application that integrates with Travis CI.
You will have access to the course for a full year from the date of purchase (or availability, for preorders), regardless of how quickly you complete the course. You can expect the course to take 15-20 hours to complete (although the course is self-paced, so you can move as quickly or as slowly as you like).