This course is designed for developers and network administrators looking to further their blockchain comprehension on how to properly interact with a Hyperledger Sawtooth Blockchain and its related components.
This course offers insight into the installation, configuration, component lifecycle, and permissioning-related information of a Hyperledger Sawtooth network.
A few examples of what this course will teach you are how Hyperledger Sawtooth is composed, what each component on the network is and the role it may play, how you can deploy Hyperledger Sawtooth onto an Ubuntu 16.04 native installation, and much more.
In this course you’ll:
- Become familiar with the roles of components within Hyperledger Sawtooth
- Configure Hyperledger Sawtooth components
- Become familiar with Validator Networks
- Discuss the modularity within the network through topics like Consensus,
- Transaction Processors, and more.
This course is designed to be vendor- and distribution-neutral, so you will be able to apply these concepts universally.
You will have access to the course for a full year from the date of purchase (or availability, for preorders), regardless of how quickly you complete the course. You can expect the course to take about 10 hours to complete (although the course is self-paced, so you can move as quickly or as slowly as you like).
Combine And Save
Add on certification to your training purchase and save $100
- Ch 1. Course Introduction
- Ch 2. Hyperledger Sawtooth
- Ch 3. Hyperledger Sawtooth Binaries and Environments
- Ch 4. Configuration
- Ch 5. Validators
- Ch 6. REST APIs
- Ch 7. Consensus
- Ch 8. Logging and Monitoring
- Ch 9. Validator Networks
- Ch 10. Permissioning and Identity
This course is for those from Administration and Developer backgrounds with the desire to learn more about how to manage a Hyperledger Sawtooth environment.
To best benefit from this course, students should have:
- Knowledge of foundational blockchain concepts
- Knowledge of Linux system administration (a strong understanding of the command line)
- Knowledge of Docker containers
- Familiarity with YAML/TOML markup languages
- Comprehension of traditional HTTP protocols and RESTful API design
- Strong understanding of Hyperledger Sawtooth components and its architecture.
We highly recommend that you first take the Blockchain for Business: An Introduction to Hyperledger Technologies (LFS171x) MOOC which is free to audit on edX.
At a Glance
- 10 hours of Course Material
- Hands-on Labs & Assignments
- Video Content
- 12 Months of Access to Online Course
- Discussion Forums