Get an in-depth primer on OpenStack directly from The Linux Foundation, the leader in professional open source management and the platform provider for the Certified OpenStack Administrator exam.
Introduction to OpenStack (LFS152)
OpenStack is growing at an unprecedented rate, with over 65% of OpenStack deployments now in production – a number which continues to rise.
The demand for individuals who have experience managing this cloud platform is also accelerating. According to the Open Source Jobs Report from The Linux Foundation and Dice, 51% of hiring managers say experience with OpenStack and other cloud technologies are driving open source hiring decisions. Now is the time to build an exciting and rewarding career managing OpenStack clouds.
Take this course to learn:
- The origins of OpenStack: Where does it come from and how can you contribute as a developer to the project?
- How to deploy OpenStack: Setup your own lab environment and deploy OpenStack on Ubuntu and CentOS with DevStack and Packstack, respectively.
- How to deploy a virtual machine from Horizon: Get the steps and components that lead to a working and accessible virtual machine.
- An introduction to managing OpenStack from the command line.
- Scaling out your OpenStack cloud by adding SDN, object storage, compute nodes, high availability, and more.
Click “Show More” to see the course outline.
- Welcome and Introduction
- Session 1: From Virtualization to IaaS Cloud
- Session 2: Understanding OpenStack
- Session 3: Deploying OpenStack (PackStack and DevStack)
- Session 4: Deploying a Virtual Machine from Horizon
- Session 5: An Introduction to Managing OpenStack from the Command Line
- Session 6: Scaling Out Your OpenStack
- Session 7: What’s Next?
- Final Exam
A basic understanding of the Linux command line is helpful but not required.
At a Glance
Self-Paced Online (Virtual)
- 40 hours of Course Material
- Hands-on Labs & Assignments
- Video Content
- Discussion Forums
- Unlimited Access to Online Course
- Optional Paid Certificate of Completion