FinOps – also called Cloud Financial Management or Cloud Economics – is becoming an increasingly important skill for cloud architects and engineers as adoption of cloud infrastructure accelerates. This is why the FinOps Foundation has launched a new, online training course, “FinOps for Engineering”, which is a practitioner level course which looks at FinOps from the perspective of engineers. The course is designed to provide engineers and those who architect, design, construct, and operate software solutions and infrastructure in the public cloud to understand how to work effectively with FinOps teams, finance, procurement, product, and management teams to manage cloud use and cost more efficiently and to derive more business value from cloud.
The video-based course covers a variety of important topics for engineers and ops team members, who will walk away with the ability to:
- Describe what FinOps or Cloud Financial Management is, why it is necessary, and how it relates to other software engineering methodologies/disciplines
- Describe the motivations and drivers of finance, product, business and management teams with respect to FinOps and compare them to engineering and operations groups’ motivations
- Understand the fundamental capabilities and functions needed to manage public cloud cost and usage, and the responsibilities of engineering and operations team members in this regard
- Explain strategies engineers can take to integrate cost awareness into architecture, design, build and operate processes
- Explain strategies for engineering and operations teams to better integrate with other functional groups to derive more value from public cloud use
- And more!
Completing this course allows individuals in a large variety of cloud, finance and technology roles to validate their FinOps knowledge and enhance their professional credibility. Enrollment is now open for FinOps for Engineering, and you can learn about our other FinOps training and certification offerings here.