Automation is essential to running Linux in the enterprise effectively. Automation lets you minimize costs by reducing manual operations, helps ensure compliance across the data center, standardizes your software infrastructure and accelerates deployments for your bare-metal and cloud infrastructures. This course will teach you how to use automation to achieve these outcomes.
GET A FREE CHROMEBOOK
This course is eligible for our free Chromebook promotion
A free Dell Chromebook 11 is included with the purchase of any instructor-led Linux Foundation Training course running between now and June 30, 2016.Learn More
This course is for technical IT professionals interested in finding cost-efficient ways to accelerate Linux deployments, reduce operation costs and minimize system installation overhead. Students should have a good grasp of common scalability and system administration issues frequently encountered in enterprise environments. They should have experience with the Linux command line, shell scripting, and text file editing.
As part of your registration, a printed copy of the course manual will be course manual will be provided. If you are attending in person the material will be available onsite on the day the class begins. If you are attending virtually it will be mailed to you the week prior to the class. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you haven't received it 2 business days prior to the start of class.
This course does not currently have any sessions scheduled. If you are interested in taking this course, please contact us using the link above.
In this course you’ll learn everything you need to know to automate an enterprise Linux environment. You’ll learn how to:
- Act as a key participant for architectural decisions involving data center automation.
- Understand advanced system administration concepts and techniques that take scalability, reproducibility and efficiency into account.
- Provision physical (bare-metal) and virtual hosts in a consistent and scalable way.
- Deploy configuration management tools in an heterogeneous Linux environment.
- Package software releases on both RPM and DPKG based systems.
- Plan, build and customize OS releases in your environment.
This course is designed to work with a wide range of Linux distributions, so you will be able to apply these concepts regardless of your distro.
Our Training Options
All our instructor-led courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training. Contact us for more information.Get a Corporate Training Quote
These live, instructor-led sessions are delivered over screenshare with phone audio, if needed. Classes typically run from 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated.
Our classroom courses are delivered in conveniently located training centers by an expert instructor. Please check the specific course date for exact location, duration, and start time.
Why Train With The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the go-to source for training on virtually every aspect of Linux and many other open source technologies. Here are a few things that make us the right choice to be your training partner:
- We are the non-profit organization that hosts Linux and many other open source projects, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released).
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information. Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.
Other courses you may be interested in
Essentials of System Administration