Linux Networking and Administration (LFS211)
Improve your skills, better your prospects, and make more money with training from The Linux Foundation!
Course + Certification Bundle (Best Value)
LFS211 Course Only
Linux is the #1 operating system for web servers, cloud computing, smart phones and consumer electronics. Due to its rapid adoption, there's a shortage of Linux system administrators. According to the 2015 Linux Jobs Report, "the unstoppable Linux job market shows no sign of slowing down." The Linux Foundation has created a career entry training and certification path that is 100% online, highly respected and exceptionally affordable. Get the skills you need to get certified and work as a Linux systems engineer. This 100% online self-paced course walks you through everything you need to know to pass the Linux Foundation Certified Engineer exam and advance your IT career in Linux.
Delivery: Online Self-Paced
Who It's For: Anybody interested in acquiring or polishing advanced networking and system administration skills, or looking for preparation for the Linux Foundation Certified Engineer exam.
Prerequisites: Students should be familiar with the concepts found in LFS201 Essentials of System Administration.
Materials: 1 year online access to all course content and labs.
This course is:
- 100% online and self-paced
- Contains over 60 labs (with solutions) designed by our experts
- Designed to build the skills and knowledge necessary to be a Linux system engineer.
- Excellent preparation for the Linux Foundation Certified Engineer exam.
About This Course
This course will teach you everything you need to know to be an advanced systems administrator and to prepare for the Linux Foundation Certified Engineer certification. You’ll learn:
- How to design, deploy and maintain a network running under Linux.
- How to administer the network services.
- The skills to create and operate a network in any major Linux distribution.
- How to securely configure the network interfaces.
- How to deploy and configure file, web, email and name servers.
This course is designed to work with a wide range of Linux distributions, so you will be able to apply these concepts regardless of your distro.
You will have access to the course for a full year from the date of purchase, regardless of how quickly you complete the course. You can expect the course to take 40-50 hours to complete (although the course is self-paced, so you can move as quickly or as slowly as you like).