Linux is the #1 operating system for web servers, cloud computing, smart phones and consumer electronics. Due to its rapid adoption, there’s a shortage of Linux system administrators. According to the 2015 Linux Jobs Report, “the unstoppable Linux job market shows no sign of slowing down.” The Linux Foundation has created a career entry training and certification path that is 100% online, highly respected and exceptionally affordable.
Get the skills you need to get certified and work as a Linux systems engineer. This 100% online self-paced course is designed to give a good foundation towards passing the Linux Foundation Certified Engineer exam and advance your IT career in Linux.
- How to design, deploy and maintain a network running under Linux.
- How to administer the network services.
- The skills to create and operate a network in any major Linux distribution.
- How to securely configure the network interfaces.
- How to deploy and configure file, web, email and name servers.
This course is designed to work with a wide range of Linux distributions, so you will be able to apply these concepts regardless of your distro.
You will have access to the course for a full year from the date of purchase, regardless of how quickly you complete the course. You can expect the course to take 40-50 hours to complete (although the course is self-paced, so you can move as quickly or as slowly as you like).
Combine And Save
Add on certification to your training purchase and save $100
Click “Show More” to see the course outline.
- Linux Networking Concepts and Review
- Network Configuration
- Network Troubleshooting and Monitoring
- Remote Access
- Domain Name Service
- HTTP Servers
- Advanced HTTP Servers
- Email Servers
- File Sharing
- Advanced Networking
- HTTP Caching
- Network File Systems
- Introduction to Network Security
- High Availability
- System log
- Package Management
Students should be familiar with the concepts found in LFS201 Essentials of System Administration.
At a Glance
- 50 hours of Course Material
- Hands-on Labs & Assignments
- Video Content
- 12 Months of Access to Online Course
- Discussion Forums