Data is driving our world today. However, we hear about Data breaches and Identity thefts all the time. Trust on the Internet is broken, and it needs to be fixed. As such, it is imperative that we adopt a new approach to identity management, and ensure data security and user privacy through tamper-proof transactions and infrastructures.
Blockchain-based identity management is revolutionizing this space. The tools, libraries, and reusable components that come with the three open source Hyperledger projects, Aries, Indy and Ursa, provide a foundation for distributed applications built on authentic data using a distributed ledger, purpose-built for decentralized identity.
This course focuses on building applications on top of Hyperledger Aries components—the area where you, as a Self-Sovereign identity (SSI) application developer, can have the most impact. While you need a good understanding of Indy (and other ledger/verifiable credential technologies) and a basic idea of what Ursa (the underlying cryptography) is and does, Aries is where you need to dig deep.
What you’ll learn:
- Understand the Hyperledger Aries architecture and its components.
- Discuss the DIDComm protocol for peer-to-peer messages.
- Deploy instances of Aries agents and establish a connection between two or more Aries agents.
- Create from scratch or extend Aries agents to add business logic.
- Understand the possibilities available through the implementation of Aries agents.
- Chapter 1. Overview
- Chapter 2. Exploring Aries and Aries Agents
- Chapter 3. Running a Network for Aries Development
- Chapter 4. Developing Aries Controllers
- Chapter 5. Digging Deeper-The Aries Protocols
- Chapter 6. Aries Development Tools
- Chapter 7. Mobile Aries Agents and Message Routing
- Chapter 8. Planning for Production
- Chapter 9. What to Do Next
- Final Exam (Verified Certificate track only)
Length: 7 weeks
Effort: 15-21 hours
Price: Free (certificate optional)