Learn the fundamentals required to implement Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) workflows using the Jenkins automation server.
Introduction to Jenkins (LFS167)
Are you or your team starting to use Jenkins as a CI/CD tool? Are you looking to automate your software delivery process? Do you need guidelines on how to set up your CI/CD workflow using Jenkins automation server? If so, this is the course for you.
In this course, we will discuss the fundamentals of CI/CD, and we will talk about how they help transform the overall software delivery process. It is most useful for roles such as DevOps engineers, software developers and architects, and professionals focused on site reliability and quality assurance, though anyone involved in the software delivery process will benefit.
This course offers an introduction to the Jenkins automation server, and also includes instructions on how to set up/use Jenkins for your CI/CD workflow.
Upon completion, you will have a solid understanding of the role that Jenkins plays in the software development lifecycle, how to install a Jenkins server, how to build software for it, how to manage third party integrations/plugins and how to scale and secure Jenkins. Finally, you will get a glimpse of what you can do to further enhance your CI/CD skills.
- The role of Jenkins in software development lifecycle
- How to set up and access Jenkins automation server
- How to build your software by configuring and running various types of Jenkins jobs
- How to install and manage plugins
- How to scale and secure Jenkins
- Chapter 1. CI/CD Overview
- Chapter 2. Jenkins Installation Basics
- Chapter 3. Jenkins Dashboard
- Chapter 4. Jenkins Plugins
- Chapter 5. Jenkins Security
- Chapter 6. Jenkins Jobs
- Chapter 7. Freestyle Jobs
- Chapter 8. Pipeline Job
- Chapter 9. Distributed Builds Architecture
- Chapter 10. What’s Next?
- Final Exam
- Basic knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Basic knowledge of software configuration management (SCM) tools, such as GIT
Need help convincing your boss?
At a Glance
Self-Paced Online (Virtual)
- 20-25 hours of Course Material
- Video Content
- Discussion Forums
- 10 Weeks of Free Access to Online Course
- Optional Paid Certificate of Completion