Learn the basics of service mesh and get hands-on practical experience with Linkerd, the open source, open governance, ultralight service mesh for Kubernetes hosted by CNCF, including transparent mTLS, golden metrics, traffic shifting, and multi-cluster communication.
Introduction to Service Mesh with Linkerd (LFS143x)
- Kubernetes resource types
- Service, Deployment, Pod, DaemonSet, etc.
- Running cluster on the computer and in the cloud, building container images and running them using kubectl
- Reading and writing YAML
- Linux terminal environment
The recommended configuration of a development environment for the course is the following:
- Any operating system
- 2 cores/CPUs
- At least 2GB of memory to run software like kind, K3S or Minikube