Kubernetes for Developers (LFD259) + CKAD Exam Bundle
The exam assumes knowledge of, but does not test for, container runtimes and microservice architecture.
The successful candidate will be comfortable using:
- An OCI-Compliant Container Runtime, such as Docker or rkt.
- Cloud Native application concepts and architectures.
- A Programming language, such as Python, Node.js, Go, or Java.
Bundle this course and the exam to save $100
Create and Configure Basic Pods
Define an application’s resource requirements
Create & consume Secrets
Understand container logging
Understand how to monitor applications in Kubernetes
Understand debugging in Kubernetes
Understand Deployments and how to perform rolling updates
Understand Deployments and how to perform rollbacks
Understand Jobs and CronJobs
Demonstrate basic understanding of NetworkPolicies
This exam is an online, proctored, performance-based test that consists of a set of performance-based tasks (problems) to be solved in a command line. Candidates have 2 hours to complete the tasks.The exam is based on Kubernetes v1.19
- Linux concepts and command line – We recommend Introduction to Linux, a free edX course
- Package managers
- Git and GitHub
- We recommend Introduction to Kubernetes, a free edX course, as a good start for your Kubernetes journey
For hands-on lab exercises, access to a Linux server or Linux desktop/laptop is required. Access to a public cloud provider, or VirtualBox on your machine is also needed. Lab exercises in this course have been tested in a GCP environment.
If using a cloud provider like GCP or AWS, you should be able to complete the lab exercises using the free tier or credits provided to you. However, you may incur charges if you exceed the credits initially allocated by the cloud provider.