Automation is essential to running Linux in the enterprise effectively. Automation lets you minimize costs by reducing manual operations, helps ensure compliance across the data center, standardizes your software infrastructure and accelerates deployments for your bare-metal and cloud infrastructures. This course will teach you how to use automation to achieve these outcomes.
Linux Enterprise Automation (LFS430)
In this course you’ll learn everything you need to know to automate an enterprise Linux environment.
You’ll learn how to:
- Act as a key participant for architectural decisions involving data center automation.
- Understand advanced system administration concepts and techniques that take scalability, reproducibility and efficiency into account.
- Provision physical (bare-metal) and virtual hosts in a consistent and scalable way.
- Deploy configuration management tools in an heterogeneous Linux environment.
- Package software releases on both RPM and DPKG based systems.
- Plan, build and customize OS releases in your environment.
This course is designed to work with a wide range of Linux distributions, so you will be able to apply these concepts regardless of your distro.
Click “Show More” to see the course outline.
- Advanced Systems Administration
- Software Management
- Packaging Automation
- Software Distribution
- Installation Tree Management
- Automating Installation
- Installation Tools Cobbler
- Installation Tools TheForeman
- Configuration Management Overview
- Configuration Management Puppet
- Configuration Management with SaltStack
- Configuration Management CFEngine
- Configuration Management Ansible
- Spacewalk Server
- Server Monitoring with Spacewalk
This course is for technical IT professionals interested in finding cost-efficient ways to accelerate Linux deployments, reduce operation costs and minimize system installation overhead. Students should have a good grasp of common scalability and system administration issues frequently encountered in enterprise environments. They should have experience with the Linux command line, shell scripting, and text file editing.
At a Glance
Live Online (Virtual)
- 32 hours of Instructor-led class time
- Hands-on Labs & Assignments
- Resources & Course Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Free Chromebook