Open source software and standards are driving the transition to 5G, AI and IoT. Learn what open source technologies matter most and why.
Open Source and the 5G Transition (LFS111)
5G networks are being built with open source software and standards. Operators and vendors are integrating these technologies on an unprecedented level in order to realize the promise of 5G. Open source allows operators to experiment with business models and deliver new services, and it allows businesses to derive more value from their nework architecture.
This course will provide an overview of why open source matters now more than ever in the wireless networking and mobile technology space and what technologies deserve your attention. Business managers will become knowledgeable about the open source infrastructure powering the future and how to leverage it for their own business benefit.
What you’ll learn
- Discuss why open source matters to 5G and your business
- Discover which open source technologies are driving innovation for 5G
- Explore the open source technology landscape and know what warrants your attention
Chapter 1. The Open 5G Network
Chapter 2. Standards and Software
Chapter 3. Integrating Open Source Software into Your Business Strategy
Chapter 4. Considerations Going Forward
Final Exam (Verified Certificate track only)
Basic understanding of 5G, IoT, AI concepts and terminology
At a Glance
Self-Paced Online (Virtual)
- 2 hours of Course Material
- Graded Quizzes (for paid certificate only)
- Video Content
- Discussion Forums
- 6 Weeks Free Access to Online Course
- Optional Paid Certificate of Completion