In this course, you’ll obtain a solid understanding of how to build a repeatable embedded target Linux target using the Yocto Project. In addition to learning the build system, you will learn about more advanced tools like toaster, devtool, wic, eSDK, and eclipse IDE integration. This course builds on the Embedded Linux topics learned in the LFD450 class.
GET A FREE CHROMEBOOK
This course is eligible for our free Chromebook promotion
A free Dell Chromebook 11 is included with the purchase of any instructor-led Linux Foundation Training course running between now and December 31, 2018.Learn More
This course is primarily intended for experienced software engineers who are interested in learning the fundamentals of a build system for embedded Linux. You should be familiar with basic Linux utilities and text editors. Some experience with Python is helpful but not required.
As part of your registration, a printed copy of the course manual will be provided. You will also receive an embedded board for the hands-on labs during the course. After class, you can take your embedded Linux development kit home for further practice.
This course will teach you how to take advantage of the Yocto Project - the open source collaboration effort that provides templates, tools and methods to help you create and maintain custom Linux-based systems for embedded products regardless of the specific hardware architecture. You’ll learn:
- How to use the Poky and Bitbake build process, with its recipes and layers to customize Linux kernel and packages for a custom embedded application
- How to build Linux on an embedded board
- How to use emulators for verification
- How to create board support packages (BSP) for target hardware
- And more.
The information in this course will work with any major Linux distribution.
Why Train With The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the go-to source for training on virtually every aspect of Linux and many other open source technologies. Here are a few things that make us the right choice to be your training partner:
- We are the non-profit organization that hosts Linux and many other open source projects, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released).
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information. Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're using for the class. You are truly learning from the experts.
Our Training Options
All our instructor-led courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training. Contact us for more information.Get a Corporate Training Quote
These live, instructor-led sessions are delivered over screenshare with phone audio, if needed. Classes typically run from 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated.
Our classroom courses are delivered in conveniently located training centers by an expert instructor. Please check the specific course date for exact location, duration, and start time.
Other courses you may be interested in
Introduction to Linux, Open Source Development, and GIT