As companies become increasingly dependent on cloud infrastructure to deliver products and services as efficiently as possible, it can be overwhelming to keep up with all the technologies available today. This free, self-paced course will give you a fundamental understanding of today’s top open source cloud technology options.
This class is designed for people who have little or no prior experience with cloud technologies. System administrators, developers, and architects new to the cloud can all benefit from the content covered in this class, especially if they are looking to evaluate which cloud technologies might be the best fit for their organization.
This course is:
- 100% online and self-paced
- 40-50 hours of content designed by our cloud experts
- Designed to give students a basic understanding of today’s leading cloud technologies
- Absolutely free via edX.org
Created in partnership with edX.org, this 100% online, self-paced course will explore various open source cloud technologies.
This course offers a primer on cloud computing and the use of open source software to maximize development and operations. It will cover next-generation cloud technologies like Docker, CoreOS, Kubernetes and OpenStack; provide an overview of software-defined storage and networking solutions; and a review of DevOps and continuous integration best practices.
What you'll learn:
- Overview of common cloud technologies
- Introduction to Iaas, PaaS, CaaS
- Basic operations with containers and images using Docker command
- Software-defined networking and software-defined storage solutions
- Skill sets needed to deliver next generation cloud
- Challenges of cloud technologies
Why Train With The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the go-to source for training on virtually every aspect of Linux and many other open source technologies. Here are a few things that make us the right choice to be your training partner:
- We are the non-profit organization that hosts Linux and many other open source projects, employs Linux creator Linus Torvalds and hosts kernel.org (where all Linux kernel updates are released).
- Being so close to the kernel, we are constantly updating our training to ensure that we are teaching you the most up-to-date information. Linux Foundation Training is unique in that all our training courses are designed to work on all major Linux distributions (including RedHat, Ubuntu and SUSE).
- We don't sell any software or support services so there's no hidden sales agenda in our material. Our only goal is to help you learn the material.
- When you train with The Linux Foundation, you're learning from instructors who are comfortable across all major Linux distributions and can answer student questions regardless of the distribution you're USING FOR the class. You are truly learning FROM the experts.
Our Training Options
All our instructor-led courses can be delivered at your office for private, on-site training. Contact us for more information.Get a Corporate Training Quote
These live, instructor-led sessions are delivered over screenshare with phone audio, if needed. Classes typically run from 9am-5pm US Central unless otherwise stated.
Our classroom courses are delivered in conveniently located training centers by an expert instructor. Please check the specific course date for exact location, duration, and start time.
Other courses you may be interested in
Essentials of System Administration
Introduction to Linux