As companies become increasingly dependent on cloud infrastructure to deliver products and services as efficiently as possible, it can be overwhelming to keep up with all the technologies available today. This free, self-paced course will give you a fundamental understanding of today’s top open source cloud technology options.
Introduction to Cloud Infrastructure Technologies (LFS151)
Created in partnership with edX.org, this 100% online, self-paced course will explore various open source cloud technologies.
This course offers a primer on cloud computing and the use of open source software to maximize development and operations. It will cover next-generation cloud technologies like Docker, CoreOS, Kubernetes and OpenStack; provide an overview of software-defined storage and networking solutions; and a review of DevOps and continuous integration best practices.
What you’ll learn:
- Overview of common cloud technologies
- Introduction to Iaas, PaaS, CaaS
- Basic operations with containers and images using Docker command
- Software-defined networking and software-defined storage solutions
- Skill sets needed to deliver next generation cloud
- Challenges of cloud technologies
Click “Show More” to see the course outline.
- Chapter 1. Welcome and Introduction
- Chapter 2. Virtualization
- Chapter 3. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Chapter 4. Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Chapter 5. Containers
- Chapter 6. Containers: Micro OSes for Containers
- Chapter 7. Containers: Container Orchestration
- Chapter 8. Unikernels
- Chapter 9. Microservices
- Chapter 10. Container as a Service (CaaS)
- Chapter 11. Software Defined Networking and Networking for Containers
- Chapter 12. Software Defined Storage and Storage Management for Containers
- Chapter 13. DevOps and CI/CD
- Chapter 14. Tools for Cloud Infrastructure I (Configuration Management)
- Chapter 15. Tools for Cloud Infrastructure II (Build & Release)
- Chapter 16. Tools for Cloud Infrastructure III (Key-Value Pair Store)
- Chapter 17. Tools for Cloud Infrastructure IV (Image Building)
- Chapter 18. Tools for Cloud Infrastructure V (Debugging, Logging, and Monitoring for Containerized Applications)
- Chapter 19. What We Need To Succeed Using Next Generation Cloud Technologies
- Final Exam
This class is designed for people who have little or no prior experience with cloud technologies. System administrators, developers, and architects new to the cloud can all benefit from the content covered in this class, especially if they are looking to evaluate which cloud technologies might be the best fit for their organization.
At a Glance
Self-Paced Online (Virtual)
- 50 hours of Course Material
- Video Content
- Discussion Forums
- Unlimited Access to Online Course
- Optional Paid Certificate of Completion