Ethics in AI and Big Data (LFS112x)
Learn how to build and incorporate ethical frameworks in your AI and Big Data technology and business initiatives to add transparency, build trust, and drive adoption.
No longer stuck in the fantasy world of science fiction, Artificial Intelligence (AI) today is a reality, and data is its fuel. It is a key component of the Fourth Industrial Revolution in which the physical, digital and biological worlds are being fused together in a way that will have a tremendous impact on our global culture and economy. While the Fourth Industrial Revolution brings along promises and opportunities, it also raises concerns about security, user privacy, data misuse, and more. People distrust artificial intelligence. It is the responsibility of business and data professionals to change that: add transparency, develop standards and share best practices to build trust and drive AI adoption.
What you’ll learn:
- Discuss business drivers for AI, as well as business and societal dynamics at work in an AI world.
- Discuss the key principles for building responsible AI, and learn what are the initial steps to take when planning your AI framework.
- Understand what ethics means and how to apply it to AI.
- Learn where to start, what considerations should inform your ethical framework, and what this framework should include.
- Review pan-industry initiatives on ethical AI.
- Discuss the drivers for open source to support AI.
- Review the technical and non-technical implications of AI.
- Chapter 1. Drivers for Data Science
- Chapter 2. Overview of AI and Data Science Ethics
- Chapter 3. Building Your Ethical AI Framework
- Chapter 4. Open Source and AI
- Chapter 5. Going Forward with AI
- Final Exam (Verified track only)
Length: 1 week
Effort: 2 hours
Price: Free (certificate optional)