Get a solid foundation on the WebAssembly runtime and its capabilities, and learn how and why WebAssembly has succeeded in bringing new programming languages to the web, when others have failed.
“Introduction to WebAssembly” is designed for web, cloud, and blockchain developers, architects, and CTOs interested in learning about WebAssembly’s strengths and limitations, and its potential applications in blockchain, serverless, edge/IoT, and more.
This course is designed to show you what the WebAssembly runtime is, and how it provides a secure, fast and efficient compilation target for a wide range of modern programming languages, allowing them to target the browser.
What you’ll learn:
- Chapter 1. The Interactive Web – A Brief History
- Chapter 2. Introducing WebAssembly
- Chapter 3. Practical WebAssembly
- Chapter 4. WebAssembly Beyond the Browser
- Chapter 5. The Future of WebAssembly
- Final Exam (Verified Track only)
Length: 7 weeks
Effort: 1-2 hours per week