Learn how Hyperledger Aries, Indy and Ursa add a necessary layer of trust to the Internet, creating and using independent digital identities rooted on blockchains or other distributed ledgers.
Introduction to Hyperledger Sovereign Identity Blockchain Solutions: Indy, Aries & Ursa (LFS172)
To the surprise of absolutely no one, trust is broken on the Internet. Wherever you go online, the advice is the same–make sure you understand what’s behind each button before you click it.
In this course, we’ll dive into three Hyperledger open source projects–Indy, Aries and Ursa–looking at the tools, libraries, and reusable components they provide for creating and using independent digital identities rooted on blockchains or other distributed ledgers. We will explore the possibilities they offer for building applications on a solid digital foundation of trust and examine how these technologies can make the Internet safe. It’s quite a challenge!
The course is addressed to a wide-ranging audience, walking the line between business and technology.
What you’ll learn
- The problems with existing Internet identity/trust mechanisms today.
- How a distributed ledger, such as Hyperledger Indy, can be used for identity.
- How the underlying blockchain technology makes it possible.
- Understand the purpose, scope and relationship between Aries, Indy and Ursa.
- The possibilities enabled by this new technology.
- Chapter 1. Something Is Missing
- Chapter 2. Adding a Layer of Trust to the Internet
- Chapter 3. SSI Using Indy, Aries and Ursa
- Chapter 4. A Blockchain for Identity
- Chapter 5. The All-Important Agent, or Rather, Agents!
- Chapter 6. When Things Go Wrong
- Chapter 7. Possibilities
- Final Exam (Verified Certificate track only)
The following would be “nice to have” but are not prerequisites for this course:
At a Glance
Self-Paced Online (Virtual)
- 12-14 hours of Course Material
- Graded Quizzes (for paid certificate only)
- Video Content
- Discussion Forums
- 7 Weeks Free Access to Online Course
- Optional Paid Certificate of Completion