This course covers the core concepts typically used to build and administer a Kubernetes cluster in production, using vendor-independent tools. We build a cluster, determine network configuration, grow the cluster, deploy applications and configure the storage, security and other objects necessary for typical use. This course offers exposure to the many skills necessary to administer Kubernetes in a production environment and is excellent preparation for the Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) exam.
In this course you’ll learn how to install and configure a production-grade Kubernetes cluster, from network configuration to upgrades to making deployments available via services. Also handle the ongoing tasks necessary for Kubernetes administration.
- Installation of a multi-node Kubernetes cluster using kubeadm, and how to grow a cluster.
- Choosing and implementing cluster networking.
- Various methods of application lifecycle management, including scaling, updates and roll-backs.
- Configuring security both for the cluster as well as containers.
- Managing storage available to containers.
- Learn monitoring, logging and troubleshooting of containers and the cluster.
- Configure scheduling and affinity of container deployments.
- Use Helm and Charts to automate application deployment.
- Understand Federation for fault-tolerance and higher availability.
This course does not focus on one vendor’s tools. Most courses are vendor-locked. We use kubeadm to deploy the cluster and focus on tools that would work on anyone’s Kubernetes cluster.
- Linux Foundation
- Linux Foundation Training
- Linux Foundation Certifications
- Linux Foundation Digital Badges
- Laboratory Exercises, Solutions and Resources
- Distribution Details
- Basics of Kubernetes
- Define Kubernetes
- Cluster Structure
- Project Governance and CNCF
- Installation and Configuration
- Getting Started With Kubernetes
- More Installation Tools
- Kubernetes Architecture
- Kubernetes Architecture
- Other Cluster Systems
- APIs and Access
- API Access
- Working with A Simple Pod
- kubectl and API
- Swagger and OpenAPI
- API Objects
- API Objects
- The v1 Group
- API Resources
- RBAC APIs
- Managing State With Deployments
- Deployment Overview
- Managing Deployment States
- Deployments and Replica Sets
- Accessing Services
- Volumes and Data
- Volumes Overview
- Persistent Volumes
- Passing Data To Pods
- Ingress Controller
- Ingress Rules
- Service Mesh
- Scheduler Settings
- Affinity Rules
- Taints and Tolerations
- Logging and Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Flow
- Basic Start Sequence
- Troubleshooting Resources
- Custom Resource Definition
- Custom Resource Definitions
- Aggregated APIs
- Using Helm
- Accessing the API
- Authentication and Authorization
- Admission Controller
- Pod Policies
- Network Policies
- High Availability
- Stacked Database
- External Database
- Closing and Evaluation Survey
Students should have an understanding of Linux administration skills, comfortable using the command line. Must be able to edit files using a command-line text editor.
“Lots of information. Very useful for me with upcoming projects.” Jun 2020
“Lab exercises are excellent.” Jun 2020
“Having a confident expert teaching us, who masters the material extremely well, whilst sharing his experience with us, complementing the book I bought to learn Kubernetes.” Jun 2020
“I liked the hands-on exercises.” Jun 2020
“I liked the layout and the pace of the training.” May 2020
“I love the labs, they are very engaging.” May 2020
“Karl Clinger was a great instructor, I would take any other course he instructs. The material was very well thought out and great to go through.” May 2020
“I love the knowledge shared by Chris, with a practical scenario for each issue that may arise with Kubernetes. He did this without overwhelming us with all the parts immediately, it was all step by step until the end when we were able to glue these components together. Thanks again!” May 2020
“The instructor always engaged with us and made the class interesting.” May 2020
“The content was interesting and applicable to my current role. There were a lot of topics covered in a short space of time, but lab work was easy to follow and helped me to understand the concepts.” May 2020
“I love how Chris delivered the class. Top notch!” May 2020
“The trainer is amazing. Thanks!” May 2020
“Chris was very knowledgeable and a great course instructor, I really enjoyed taking this course!” May 2020
“Enjoyed doing the hands-on exercises.” Apr 2020
“Karl is very knowledgeable and responsive to questions.” Apr 2020
“The course material and lab exercises were excellent, the instructor very helpful and well prepared.” Apr 2020
At a Glance
Live Online (Virtual)
- 4 days of Instructor-led class time
- Hands-on Labs & Assignments
- Resources & Course Manual
- 12 Months of Access to Online Course
- Certificate of Completion
- Digital Badge
- Free Registration for CKA Exam