Equip yourself to identify and address security risks, protect information & ensure online integrity.
OWASP Top 10 Security Threats (SKF100)
- Familiarity with Web Application Architecture: A basic understanding of how web applications are structured and function is essential. You should be familiar with concepts such as client-server architecture, HTTP protocols, and how data is transmitted between the client and server.
- General Cybersecurity Awareness: You should have a basic understanding of cybersecurity principles, including concepts such as confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Familiarity with common security terms and practices will aid in comprehending the importance of web application security.
While prior experience in web application security or cybersecurity is not a prerequisite, having a solid foundation in the above areas will help you engage with the course content more effectively and grasp the core concepts of the OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and their exploitation.
- Reliable Internet Connection: A strong and stable Internet connection is required for optimal learning and interaction during the labs. We recommend a broadband connection with a minimum speed of 10 Mbps for the best experience.
- Up-to-Date Browser: For seamless access to all course materials, please ensure you’re using a modern, up-to-date web browser. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari are recommended. Ensure your browser is updated to the latest version to avoid compatibility issues.
- Pop-Up Blocker Disabled: Certain aspects of the lab may open in new windows or tabs, so disabling pop-up blockers for the course website is advised.
- Screen Resolution: A minimum screen resolution of 1024×768 for the best viewing and interaction with the course content.