Invalid errors typically indicate a coupon is being applied to the wrong product. Please check that you are purchasing the correct product for that coupon. For example, if you have a coupon that is for the LFCS Exam only, you will not be able to use it for the LFS201+LFCS bundle or the LFCE exam, etc. Visit the Promotions FAQ for additional information.
What is the refund policy for Certification exams, E-learning courses or Public Instructor-led classes?
Certification Exam Refunds: You have up to three (3) business days following payment of exam registration fees or up to 24 hours prior to a scheduled exam reservation, whichever comes first, to request a full refund on your exam registration fees. If your purchase meets above refund policy, you may follow below steps to request a refund:
- If you don’t have an exam reservation scheduled, you may request a refund on exam registration fees by contacting email@example.com and providing the order number from your purchase, and your Linux Foundation ID username or email address used to complete the purchase.
- If you have an exam reservation scheduled, you must first cancel the reservation at least 24 hours before the scheduled start time of the reservation. Once you have canceled the reservation, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund on the exam registration fees. Be sure to provide the order number from your exam purchase, and the Linux Foundation ID username or email address used to complete the purchase. We cannot issue a refund if there is an exam reservation scheduled in the system.
If you completed your purchase after June 19, 2020, please login to My Portal (trainingportal.linuxfoundation.org) and go to Purchase History. You will be able to add / edit information in the Customer Info fields, and you can then use the Download PDF function to download an updated receipt showing your newly entered Customer Info. (Please note that accessing Purchase History does require that you have performed email verification on your LF Login account first. It can also take up to 3 hours for the Purchase History page to load for the first receipt, but should load more quickly for subsequent purchases.) If you completed your purchase prior to June 19, 2020, please contact Customer Support for assistance to making changes to your receipt.
Only credit card payment can be used for payment of exam registration fees. All major credit cards are accepted.
If you'd like to make a purchase of a single exam or a single course on behalf of an employee or other individual, please look for the "Gift this course / certification" option located midway down the right margin on the course or exam product page. (You can search for courses and exams on https://training.linuxfoundation.org/training/course-catalog/and https://training.linuxfoundation.org/certification/catalog/.) The gift option is only available for single-course and single-exam purchases. It is not available for bundles (e.g. multi-course bundles, course+exam bundles, etc.).
If you need to add your company’s VAT number somewhere on the purchase receipt, please use the Company line in the checkout page to add that info, along with the name of the company. (i.e. You can add something like “Company XYZ, VAT # 123456789” to the Company field when purchasing.)
If you made your purchase of a course and/or exam before June 21, 2020, you may find your receipt by logging into identity.linuxfoundation.org and going to the Orders tab. If you purchased after June 21, 2020, please login to trainingportal.linuxfoundation.org and click on Purchase History in the banner at top. If you created a new LF Login account to make the purchase, please be aware that you have to validate the email address on that LF Login account before you can load the Purchase History section. If you have not yet completed that step on your account, logout of the portal and log back in. You should be prompted to validate your email as the first step. Once you have validated your email and then logged back in, go to the Purchase History section. (It may take up to 15 minutes for the page to load, so please click on Purchase History and then check the page again after 15 minutes if needed.)
If you’re running into a payment issue/error, you will need to contact your bank to find out why your card was declined. For example, you might want to check on whether your bank places restrictions on cross-border transactions or on online transactions that exceed a certain amount. If you have a different credit card, we would suggest giving that a try as well. Please also note that debit cards are sometimes known to present issues, so if the issue occurs with a debit card, you may want to try with a credit card instead.
There was an error/issue when I tried to submit payment and the order did not complete. However, I am seeing the transaction listed on my statement?
Blocked transactions may temporarily appear as pending on the customer’s statement before being removed.
You will need to contact your bank to get more information on the payment error you are running into and to double-check the zip or postal code that the bank has on the account matches what you are entering during check-out. We recommend checking that the street address also matches, as sometimes a non-matching street address will lead to the same zip code error.
I double-checked and the zip/postal code and street address matches what the bank has on file, but payment still won’t go through! What can I do?
If you have confirmed that the zip and street address are what your bank have on file for your account, then please try the following:
- Clear your cache
- Fill out just your email address (and add coupon code if you have one) on the checkout page
- Click Proceed with Order
- You should be prompted to enter credit card details. Enter the credit card details (but not the billing info side) and click Proceed with Order again.
- You should be prompted to enter Billing Info. Enter the billing info along with the zip/postal code that your bank confirmed is correct.
- Make sure everything else is completed on the checkout page and click Proceed with Order again.