Only credit card payment can be used for payment of exam registration fees. All major credit cards are accepted.
If you are purchasing for someone else, please be sure that you first logout of identity.linuxfoundation.org. When you go to purchase the desired item, you should see an email address field on the checkout page. Please enter the email address of the intended recipient. An order confirmation will be sent to the email address entered, and that email will instruct the recipient on getting started with accessing the purchased item. (Do be careful to enter the email address correctly!)
If you don’t see an email address field on the checkout page, it means you’re still logged in somewhere, so make sure you’re logged out completely (you can even clear your cache or start a new incognito browser session) before restarting the purchase process.
If you need to add your company’s VAT number somewhere on the purchase receipt, please use the Company line in the checkout page to add that info, along with the name of the company. (i.e. You can add something like “Company XYZ, VAT # 123456789” to the Company field when purchasing.)
Receipts may be accessed by logging into identity.linuxfoundation.org and clicking on the Orders tab. (If you made the purchase without logging into an account first, you’ll need to associate the order to your account before you can access the receipt at identity.linuxfoundation.org. Just look for the order confirmation email for instructions on associating the order to your account. Only do this if you are the intended recipient; see “I am purchasing for someone else”.)
If you’re running into a payment issue/error, you will need to contact your bank to find out why your card was declined. For example, you might want to check on whether your bank places restrictions on cross-border transactions or on online transactions that exceed a certain amount. If you have a different credit card, we would suggest giving that a try as well. Please also note that debit cards are sometimes known to present issues, so if the issue occurs with a debit card, you may want to try with a credit card instead.
There was an error/issue when I tried to submit payment and the order did not complete. However, I am seeing the transaction listed on my statement?
Blocked transactions may temporarily appear as pending on the customer’s statement before being removed.
You will need to contact your bank to get more information on the payment error you are running into and to double-check the zip or postal code that the bank has on the account matches what you are entering during check-out. We recommend checking that the street address also matches, as sometimes a non-matching street address will lead to the same zip code error.
I double-checked and the zip/postal code and street address matches what the bank has on file, but payment still won’t go through! What can I do?
If you have confirmed that the zip and street address are what your bank have on file for your account, then please try the following:
- Clear your cache
- Fill out just your email address (and add coupon code if you have one) on the checkout page
- Click Proceed with Order
- You should be prompted to enter credit card details. Enter the credit card details (but not the billing info side) and click Proceed with Order again.
- You should be prompted to enter Billing Info. Enter the billing info along with the zip/postal code that your bank confirmed is correct.
- Make sure everything else is completed on the checkout page and click Proceed with Order again.
If above does not help, you will need to try an alternate credit card.
Invalid errors typically indicate a coupon is being applied to the wrong product. Please check that you are purchasing the correct product for that coupon. For example, if you have a coupon that is for the LFCS Exam only, you will not be able to use it for the LFS201+LFCS bundle or the LFCE exam, etc. Visit the Promotions FAQ for additional information.
What is the refund policy for Certification exams, E-learning courses or Public Instructor-led classes?
Certification Exam Refunds:
You have up to three (3) business days following payment of exam registration fees or up to 24 hours prior to a scheduled exam reservation, whichever comes first, to request a full refund on your exam registration fees.
If your purchase meets above refund policy, you may follow below steps to request a refund:
- If you don’t have an exam reservation scheduled, you may request a refund on exam registration fees by contacting email@example.com and providing the order number from your purchase, and your Linux Foundation ID username or email address used to complete the purchase.
- If you have an exam reservation scheduled, you must first cancel the reservation at least 24 hours before the scheduled start time of the reservation. Once you have canceled the reservation, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund on the exam registration fees. Be sure to provide the order number from your exam purchase, and the Linux Foundation ID username or email address used to complete the purchase. We cannot issue a refund if there is an exam reservation scheduled in the system.
E-Learning Course Refunds:
Refunds will only be granted for cancellation requests received no more than 3 days since purchase AND as long as the course has not already been completed. Requests for refunds/cancellations should be submitted to email@example.com and must include an order number and Linux Foundation ID.
Public Instructor-Led Class Refunds:
Refunds will only be issued for cancellation requests received at least 14 calendar days prior the class, and may take up to 14 calendar days to process. Please note that all refunds are subject to a 3% processing fee. Requests for refunds/cancellations should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include an order number and Linux Foundation ID.
If you have placed an order for a hard copy version of the course materials, no cancellation will be approved, only a student substitution into the current session will be allowed.
In the event that The Linux Foundation must cancel a training class due to lack of attendance, a refund will be processed in full (no processing fee will be charged) or you can opt for a credit towards a future class.